What do I name this?!

Welcome to my space to share grass fed or pasturized information for all the world to see! If you have an idea for a good name for my blog (see my first post for a description of how and why I got here), add it into the comments. If I pick your moniker and you are local, you'll be rewarded with a pound of grass fed beef to be picked up here (at my house, not the blog-so far I haven't figured out how to work that one out) and my thanks here publicly. If you are too far to pick up the beef, you'll have to settle for my undying gratitude and a mention on the blog. If you hail from far away, check out my links - most of them are terrific information about grass fed nutrition and have the capacity to search in your area!

Have you considered shopping locally for more of your foods?

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

And so it begins....

My journey begins here in Maryland. For a dinky little state, we have a whole lotta farmland. My son and I had already been cruising the farmers markets in Baltimore and Columbia to find fresh organic and local produce and I was already familiar with the inhumane and less nutritious effects factory farming had on our food supply - but what can a busy family do to improve our food selection? My answer was to buy a nice energy star rated chest freezer and dive onto a google search and madly find organic farms and local producers of meats, dairy and poultry. Little did I know how much information that there was to wade through! As I began doing so, I learned a lot, and friends, coworkers and neighbors began asking questions, so I decided it would be practical to share what I found here with all the interwebs. It is pretty much going to be centered on Maryland, though it may expand. Please follow along if you have an interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment